What To Expect

I decided to create this for the sole purpose of ranting. I needed somewhere to voice my opinions. Many of you will not agree with me, but i'm not here for you; i'm here for me. You can expect anything to be said here. If I have an opinion, I will most likely rant about it. This is my little home away from home. This is where I put my thoughts into words. You can also expect lots of grammer mistakes, and typing errors. I will do my best to look over what i am typing, but for the most part, I don't exactly care. I am not very old, therefore I am not very wise, so expect nothing magical and brilliant. Well, let this be the begining of my blog.

Make sure you follow! Also, comment with your opinions!
 

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Nuclear Disaster, and the Media

So i'm from Canada eh, and we don't exactly have the finest news establishments here, well in my eyes anyways. Well either that, or my cable sucks. With this, I usually stick to watching CNN to get the important international news.

While watching reports from Japan, I couldn't help but get annoyed that they were live for a few hours of the day, and the rest of the time it is just repeated over and over again.

Now the next big thing, was the stupidity of the reporters. They were all amazed when they found out radiation can be pushed around by the wind. Elliot Spitzer is on saying he only thought radiation was like gamma rays and x-rays and can only move in one direction!!!!11 How can the wind move the radiation around!!!??? Then the meteorologist and himself discuss how they just learned this yesterday.

Apparently these reporters forgot all about Chernobyl. They also forgot that certain elements such as Cesium, Uranium and Strontium give off toxic radiation.

I mean who could have known toxic radioactive elements used in nuclear reactors could be pushed around by the wind!

Fucking radiation, how does it work?

11 comments:

Triper said...

i hope they will be rescue! Thanks for info.

Brett H. said...

lolwut

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Dont watch CNN, its garbage.Watch BBC or something else

Brett H. said...

Yeah, i've been watch a lot of Al Jazeera English on the computer since the protests in Egypt. They have a nice 24/7 stream.

Its nice, because they are quite unbiased.

Lazy The Kid said...

Haha @ M..."don't watch CNN, watch BBC". Yes, because watching a government funded media outlet will be SO much better and less bias.

steve said...

its so sad to see what is going on and what will happen in japan :/

MogVentus said...

Yeaah! I live in Canada too. I agree with the above, CNN sucks. +Follower

50 Yen said...

Yea, watching the periodic tables of videos video about it (8 min) teaches you more than days of news coverage.

Anonymous said...

CNN > BCC

Brett H. said...

and Al Jazeera > Those haha